Welcome everyone to "The Prim Patch"


I have always loved the look of Prim. The last several years I've tried whatever Prim crafting projects I could find. I love workin' with wood, sewing, stitchery, really any crafts...I could work on projects all day everyday!! (If life were that easy...LOL)
I'm hoping to be able to share anything and everything Prim I can do/find with everyone.
Be sure to follow my blog to see what we can create together.

I have a few things on my blog for Sale...you can check them out here.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Trash 2 Treasure


Good Morning Everyone!!
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Sometimes everyday life jus' keeps ya busy.
Anyway, I've been workin' on lots of things....
My favorite thing is....my New Remade Table...
I have a trunk in my Family room that jus' wasn't tall enough to be a coffee table. I've been tryin' to figure out how to make it work...cuz, I really like the trunk. Well, I saw a really beat up coffee table in the trash across the street from us. Yep, you guessed it...I made hubby go get it for me!!
I didn't need the table to be too tall....in fact, it's only5 inches tall....but it gave me jus' enough height to my trunk that it now works much better.
Here's my Trash 2 Treasure...Before 'n After

Before...



Top had to go...



New top...and legs cut off...



New coat of Black...



Coat of my Favorite "Mustard"paint...



Sanded...



Rubbed down with my Brown Shoe Polish...



In it's new home!!



Close up....(sorry the flash made it too bright)



6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That turned out wonderful! I just love good trash finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic transformation! You are so clever to see the possibilities in a broken old table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What creative thinking girl! Love it! You did an awesome job on that Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great make over!! I know I'm gonna love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Post after post after post just brimming with inspiration!! I'm loving it all! This is by far the neatest thing I've seen in awhile. I never would have thought to make that shorter to put under a trunk. You are full of ideas, girl! I'm glad I stumbled onto your blog to be inspired! Thanks so much~

    ReplyDelete