Welcome everyone to "The Prim Patch"


I have always loved the look of Prim. The last several years I've tried whatever Prim crafting projects I could find. I love workin' with wood, sewing, stitchery, really any crafts...I could work on projects all day everyday!! (If life were that easy...LOL)
I'm hoping to be able to share anything and everything Prim I can do/find with everyone.
Be sure to follow my blog to see what we can create together.

I have a few things on my blog for Sale...you can check them out here.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Watcha Workin' on Wednesday...


Mornin' Everyone!!!
I know I haven't posted in a few days. I have been a busy girl...workin' on lots of projects.

The main one I wanna show you is the table Hubby and I made.
I had a empty spot in my family room....needed to find something to fill it....so, hubby and I made this tall table to sit up against my wall.

If you look in the background of the first pic....you can see an old window hangin' on my wall. That is where it's new home will be.

Before....unfinished



After...

Painted Black, sanded..rubbed down with shoe polish.
It kinda looks small in this pic...but really it's not.
It's 33 in high by 46 in long. Nice size table.



Now I jus' need to get things to fill the table...LOL
I have a few things on it now....hoping to get it all the way decorated today.
I'll post pic of it when I'm done.

Watcha think??

I think Hubby did an AWESOME job!!

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Primitive Day!!!
Darla


9 comments:

  1. I LoVe it Darla...you did a great job on it!!

    I can't wait to see it decorated!!

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation, I LOVE it!!! Now just think of all the prim goodies you can fill it with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my problem....LOL
    I don't have a large collection of Prim goodies...(workin' on that). I've looked high and low for some easy/quick projects to add to my table.
    If anyone has any ideas....I'd sure appreciate hearin' 'em!!
    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so loving your new table!! Your DH made a fantastic job of it! How about simply filling a big basket with seasonal greenery or a crock or possibly a bowl with candles and berries? Can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Very nice new look. I think it will be perfect with all your lovely Prim things. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice table! I like the way you finished it too. You could put a lamp on it with a framed stitchery and maybe a bowl with fresh pine cones and greenery. Here's a link to some free stitchery patterns http://www.primitiveblessings.com/catalog.php?category=279.

    Do you have any Christmas decor to put on it until you build up your prim stash? I know it's hard when you don't have much to work with. I'm in the same boat!

    Good luck,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! It looks so Prim and perfect. I can't wait for the day when I have a bigger house and therefore more space so hubby can create stuff for me like that :)

    Have a great day!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love it...you both did a great job and it will look great under the window! I can't wait to see a pic of it all decorated:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete